Field of Specialty / Research Interest / Activities
My main research interest is in mathematical and computer modelling of biological systems. Our current activities are involved with modelling signal transduction process in living cells. This research project is being carried out under a research grant from the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA). The goals are as follows.
1. To construct models of the signal transduction process consisting of reaction diffusion equations and analyze the model to relate the diffusive patterns to different pathological situations.
2. To conduct experiments and collect data as well as images that will be used to verify the mathematical models. This part of the research is carried out in conjunction with some researchers in the Department of Physiology in the Faculty of Science, Mahidol University.
3. Application of an optimization technique to find the best estimates of the kinetic parameters in the reactions.
4. Stochastic modelling methods will be used to account for the random or fluctuation effect in the process.
5. Analysis of the models will be carried out to determine the stability or robustness of the system. Very often, the results of theoretical analysis, apart from yielding insightful interpretations, can lead to valuable suggestions of experimental design to confirm the theoretical predictions. This often reveals several discoveries that cannot be arrived at by doing clinical trials alone.
Our research group is also interested in modeling several other dynamical systems in nature, for example, the insulin-glucose system and diabetes, HIV infection and control, drug resistance, and electrical excitability in myatonia and paralysis. Theories and tools on nonlinear systems are utilized to analyze the system models, leading us to insightful discoveries.
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bifurcation diagram found in nature resembles that which
has been obtained from mathematical model simulation
of the control of glucose level by insulin in a human.
|[Personal Homepage] [Research interests] [Publications] [Curriculum]|
|[Mahidol University]||[Faculty of Science]||[Centre of Excellence in Mathematics ]|