|Dr. Natthiporn Aramrueang|
|Group : Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering|
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University
Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Tel : 0-2201-5317 Fax : 0-2354-7160
E-mail : email@example.com
Ph.D. Biological Systems Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA
Business Development Fellows, UC Davis Graduate School of Management, USA
M.S. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
B.S. Biotechnology, Mahidol University, Thailand
● Anaerobic digestion
technology for production of bioenergy and biochemical compounds.
● Conversion and fermentation of food and agricultural by-products into value-added products
● Bioresource utilization, waste management, and wastewater treatment for industry and aquaculture
● Pretreatment of biomass for improving bioconversion process
● Reactor design, biofilm enhancement, and microbial consortia improvement
● Economic feasibility analysis and process optimization for biorefinery process
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University
Postdoctoral Researcher: Biological Systems Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA (2014-2016); Research group: Professor Ruihong Zhang
● Biogas technology development for production of bioenergy and value-added products from organic wastes
● Organic acids production from high-solids anaerobic fermentation process of lignocelluloses
● Enzyme recycling process during bioethanol production process
● Mathematical modeling for methane production and ammonia release during anaerobic digestion
Biological Systems Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA (2009-2014)
Advisor: Professor Ruihong Zhang
· Development of anaerobic digestion systems for biogas energy production and recovery of nutrients and valuable by-products
· Mathematical model development on methane production and ammonia release from anaerobic digestion of high protein containing biomass, using microalgae (Arthrospora platensis) and sugar beet leaves as a model substrate.
· Characterization of biomass feedstocks for biofuel production
· Enzymatic optimization for hydrolysis of sugar beet leaves to produce fermentable sugars and recovered protein
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, USA (2008-2009)
Research Advisors: Professors Raymond J. Gorte and John M. Vohs
· Fabrication of high-performance Sr-doped LaMnO3 (LSM) - yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ) composite on solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) cathodes by a new approach infiltrating LSM into a porous scaffold of YSZ
· Development of an optimal composite structure depending strongly on calcination temperature and enhance catalytic and ionic properties by infiltrating other components
Department of Analytical Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Poland (Oct 2005-Feb 2006)
Research Advisor: Professor Andrzej Kozik
· Isolation, purification and characterization of selected Thiamine (vitamin B1)-synthesizing enzymes
Department of Biotechnology, Mahidol University (Apr-Oct 2003)
Research Advisor: Professor Kanyarat Suphiboonwattana
· Plant tissue culture-based technology to improve quantitatively and qualitatively anti-cancer compound production from cassumunar ginger (Zingiber cassumunar Roxb.)
1. Aramrueang N, Zicari SM, Zhang R. Characterization and compositional analysis of agricultural crops and residues for ethanol production in California. Biomass Bioenergy. 2017;105:288-97.
2. Aramrueang N, Rapport J, Zhang R. Effects of hydraulic retention time and organic loading rate on performance and stability of anaerobic digestion of Spirulina platensis. Biosys Eng. 2016;147:174-82.
3. Aramrueang N, Zicari SM, Zhang R. Response Surface Optimization of Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Sugar Beet Leaves into Fermentable Sugars for Bioethanol Production. Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology. 2017;8(Special Issue on Enzymes in Biotechnology Application):51-67.
4. Bidrawn F, Kim G, Aramrueang N, Vohs JM, Gorte RJ. Dopants to enhance SOFC cathodes based on Sr-doped LaFeO3 and LaMnO3. Journal of Power Sources. 2010;195(3):720-8.
INTERNATIONAL PRESENTATIONS :
1. Effect of thermal, acid and alkaline pretreatment on cassava pulp for improvement of anaerobic digestion, Passanun Lomwongsopon and Natthiporn Aramrueang, Thai Society for Biotechnology and International Conference (TSB2018), November 2018, Bangkok
2. Anaerobic Digestion of Microalgae for Biogas Energy Production, Aramrueang, N., Rapport, J., Brune, D.E., Zhang, R., Oral Presentation, ASABE Annual International Meeting, August 2011, Louisville, KY.
3. Anaerobic Digestion and Kinetic Modeling of Microalgae for Biogas Energy Production, Aramrueang, N., Zhang, R., Rapport, J., Brune, D.E., Poster Presentation, 33rd Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, May 2011, Seattle, WA.
4. Enzymatic Liquefaction and Saccharification of Sugar Beet Leaves for Biofuel Production, Aramrueang N., Zicari, S., Williams, K., Zhang, R., Poster Presentation, 34rd Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, April 2012, New Orleans, LA.
5. Enzymatic Liquefaction and Saccharification of Sugar Beet Leaves for Biofuel Production, Aramrueang, N., Zicari, S., Williams, K., Zhang, R., Oral Presentation, ASABE Annual International Meeting, July 2012, Dallas, TX.
6. Characterization and Compositional Analysis of Herbaceous Crops for Biofuel Production, Aramrueang N., Zicari, S., Jim Tischer, J., Kaffka, S., Zhang R., Oral Presentation, ASABE Annual International Meeting, July 2012, Dallas, TX.
7. Optimization of Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Sugar Beet Leaves for Ethanol Production and Protein Recovery, Aramrueang, N., Zicari, S., Pan, Z., Zhang, R., Poster Presentation, 35th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, April 2013, Portland, OR.INDUSTRY-ACADEMIA COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS :
SCG (2018-2019, 2-year project) – Development of pretreatment and anaerobic co-digestion process for biogas production.
Betagro (2018, 4-month project) – Process development for production of biodegradable plastics from fat wastes.
Thai Union Group (2017-2018, 2-year project) – Process development for collagen and heme supplements from fish by-products.
Mitrphol (2018, 4-month project) – Improvement of biogas production process for high-solids digestion of suspended-solids waste from cassava industry.
HELEE LLC, California, USA (2015-2016) – Process development for anaerobic fermentation of lignocellulosic biomass for the production of organic acids and biodegradable plastic.
UC Davis Renewable Energy Anaerobic Digester (READ), California, USA (2014-2016) – Consulting, bio-digester system analysis, and feasibility study of a project for anaerobic digestion of food wastes for electricity production.
CleanWorld, California, USA (2013-2015) – Consulting, feedstock and bio-digester system analysis – for anaerobic digestion of organic fraction of municipal solid wastes (OFMSW) for compress natural gas (CNG) fuel production, at Sacramento Bio-digester system
Mendota Bioenergy LLC, California, USA (2011-2012) – Research and process development for up-scale integrated bioethanol and biogas plant.
Last updated : 12/3/2019
View My Stats
Copyright ©2019 Department of Biotechnology, Mahidol University. All Rights Reserved
Web master : firstname.lastname@example.org