Research projects in the following areas are currently undertaken by the faculty.
1. Aquatic Bioscience
2. Cell Structural Biology and Molecular Biology
2. Molecular studies on dengue-2 virus and their variants.
3. Study on the antiviral and anticancer effects of medicinal herbs.
2. Neuroendocrine control of growth and reproduction in mollusks and crustaceans.
3. Mapping of neurotransmitters and corresponding receptors in the central nervous system and gonads of shrimp and abalone.
4. Retinal degeneration in neurodegenerative diseases.
5. Neurotoxicity of ethanol.
6. Gene expression profiling in neurological disorders.
4. Stem Cell Biology and Embryo Technology
2. Genetic studies in transgenic animal model of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): From disease gene analysis to targeting gene of embryonic stem cell for therapy.
3. Stem cell, tissue engineering and transplantation of hearing research.
4. Cryopreservation of gametes and embryo of mammal.
5. Cryopreservation of gamete and larvae of aquatic animals.
6. Bone marrow-derived stem cells
5. Reproductive Biology and Neuro-endocrinology
2. Characterization and distribution of neuropeptides and hormones in nervous and reproductive tissues of abalone and prawn.
3. Molecular mechanisms of gamete maturation, capacitation, and fertilization.
4. Gamete membranes "rafts" and signal transduction during fertilization.
5. Genetic manipulation for enhancing reproduction of aquatic animals.
6. Tropical Diseases
2. Drug discoveries from natural bioactive compounds for the treatment of parasitic infections.
7. Cancer Research
2. Role of translation elongation factor 1A2 (EEF1A2) in various cancers.
8. Gross Anatomy