projects in the following areas are currently undertaken by the faculty.
1. Cell Structural Biology and Molecular
1. Shrimp biotechnology.
2. Dynamic behavior
of macromolecules in the cytoplasm or within membrane systems and
conformational changes of protein-protein interaction.
3. Virus and host interaction in shrimp.
Characterization of molecules involved in aquatic animal adaptation and
5. Characterization of
ammonia detoxifying enzymes.
development: transcription factors analysis and their adaptation.
studies on dengue-2 virus and their variants.
8. Study on the antiviral and anticancer effects of medicinal herbs.
1. Cellular and
molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration.
2. Neuroendocrine control of growth and reproduction in mollusks and
3. Mapping of neurotransmitters
and corresponding receptors in the central nervous system and gonads of
shrimp and abalone.
4. Retinal degeneration
in neurodegenerative diseases.
Pathogenesis of motor
profiling in neurological disorders.
3. Stem Cell Biology and Embryo Technology
cell producing of cell therapy and transgenic animals.
2. Genetic studies in transgenic animal model of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): From disease gene analysis to targeting gene of
embryonic stem cell for therapy.
cell, tissue engineering and transplantation of hearing research.
4. Cryopreservation of gametes and embryo of mammal.
5. Cryppreservation of gamete and larvae of aquatic animals.
6. Bone-marrow mesenchymal stem cells for
treatment of stroke
4. Reproductive Biology and Neuro-endocrinology
manipulation of the reproductive process of abalone and decapods.
2. Characterization and distribution of neuropeptides and hormones in
nervous and reproductive tissues of abalone and prawn.
3. Molecular mechanisms of gamete maturation, capacitation, and
4. Gamete membranes "rafts"
and signal transduction during fertilization.
5. Genetic manipulation for enhancing reproduction of aquatic animals.
5. Tropical Diseases
Immunopathobiology and characterization of antigens and their encoding
genes that have immuno-diagnostic and vaccine potentials for fasciolsis
2. Drug discoveries
from natural bioactive compounds for the treatment of parasitic
6. Cancer Research
interaction: signaling involved cell migration, cancer invasion and
Analysis of translation elongation factor 1A2 (EEF1A2) genes in
7. Gross Anatomy
1. Research in
embalming and plastination.