Report from Administrative Division
Department Heads of Plant Science, Physiology and Mathematic Departments have finished their terms/resigned. Faculty committee voted the members to be part of the election committee.
Report from Finance Division
1. Finance division is running workshop regarding the general procedures/regulation on August 10, 2012. All departmental financial officers are requested to attend this workshop.
2. The financial transactions to each department can be found at http://intranet.sc.mahidol/FN
Report from Policy and Development plan Division
1. Office of Higher Education Commission will be visiting and evaluating Mahidol University’s performance between August 20-22, 2012. The visiting date for Faculty of science will be advised.
2. As part of the annual SAR evaluation, Faculty of Science has appointed several committee members to evaluate/inspect SAR of each department between July 23 and August 8, 2012. The department will be inspected/evaluated on July 27, 2012 between 1-3 pm. SJ, PM, KY and K. Onchuma will be involved in this visit.
3. Deputy Dean also asked each department to return all the questionnaires distributed by Policy and Development Plan Division back by at least 30%. As less than this number, the interpreted results will not be valid.
Report from Research Division
1. Proposals seeking for Science Education and the support from CIF official documents have been officially announced.
2. MUSC Graduate Research exposition 2012 campaign has been launched. This event will be held on October 29-30, 2012.
Report from Medical/Graduate curriculum Division
1. TQF (MKO2) from most programs have been approved by the University. Each curriculum needs to submit MKO3 to the Office of Higher Education Commission via Graduate Studies within 60 days.
Report from Public Relation Division
1. Faculty of Science is running Open House on August 15, 2012. The official opening will be held at L01 starting from 9:00 am.
2. Ministry of Science and Technology organizes the National Science Week (17-30 August, 2012) at BiTec Bangna) to promote sciences and education. Faculty of Science is part of this campaign and is called for participation in this event. All departments have been asked to join this activity. [JM and WK will coordinate with Faculty).
Report from Academic and Internal Affairs Division
1. German Embassy calls for the DAAD-scholarship 2013/2014 for postgraduate course for professionals with relevance to developing countries (www.daad.or.th). Deadline is July 31, 2012.
2. Kunming University Medical program asked FS to organize the preclinical teaching training program to assist their staffs. All pre-clinical departments discussed whether they are willing to participate in this program.
Report from Stang Mongkolsuk library and IT Division
1. The number of research articles published by FS staff is 182.
2. TRF has graded the National journals based on their quality into five. Outstanding (5-these journals are in Web of Science database), Excellent (4), Good (3), Fair (2) and poor (1). Students publications will be accepted only if their papers are published in (5) or (4) grade.