1. Due to the limited budget, the equipments/instruments are not allocated to Faculty of Science this year.
2. The research proposals seeking for the support from the University (2013): the priority will be given to the multi-PI proposals rather than the single-PI proposals.
3. MU president was initially scheduled to visit Faculty of Science on February 6, 2012. However, due to the MIC-IC meeting is held on that day at the landmark hotel where Mr President will be hosting HM Princess Sirindhorn, his visit to the Faculty of Science will be advised again.
Deputy Dean for Administration’s report
1. A survey of the satisfaction result for the cleaning service offered by the Faculty to the staffs whose houses were affected by floods will be followed up.
2. The Faculty Senate Election (staff representatives) will be held on December 6, 2012. Four out of six candidates will be voted by individuals. The details of the candidates are posted on ground floor of the K-buliding.
Deputy Dean for Finance’s report
1. The interest from Faculty of Science Account in the year 2011 is 1,800,814.54 baht.
2. The stipend or any claims to be paid to TA needs to be submitted to the Finance Division before the 10th of each month.
Deputy Dean for Quality Assurance’s report
1. Faculty of Science will be evaluated by สมศ on February 22, 2012. The documents required by the QA division may be called from the Department before January 16, 2012.
2. Faculty of Science and other three Faculties have been selected by the CHE to participate in the EdPEx program (โครงการต่อยอดคุณภาพการศึกษาสู่ความเป็นเลิศ)
Deputy Dean for Education’s report
Faculty of Science hosts the Science and Technology for the Youth Congress at BITEC, Bang-na on May 2-4, 2012.
Deputy Dean for Research’s report
1. Research Division will appoint several English editors who can help staffs editing their English manuscripts. The honorarium for editing the accepted manuscripts will be supported by the Research Division (3,000 baht). The official announcement will be available shortly.
2. The research division also initiates the monthly seminar “MUSC research forum”. This series of seminar comprises of MUSC Young investigator, MUSC Innovation, MUSC Biomedicine and MUSC Discovery and MUSC Society.
Deputy Dean for International Affairs report
A new office section in the Faculty of Science called “Academic and International Affairs” is proposed and will be led by Dr Kunyarat.
Assistant Dean for Medical and Graduate Program’s report
1. Progress of MKO2 and TQF are underway.
2. Faculty of Graduate Studies extends the deadline for the outstanding thesis award for the year 2012 to January 27, 2012. Please ask your qualified students to apply for this award.
Assistant Dean for Public relation’s report
The Science on Children day (Jan 14, 2012)
Assistant Dean for Stang Mongkolsuk library’s report
Faculty of Science has published 347 international peer-reviewed articles in the year 2011.