News from the FS
1. Finance & Stores division has been reorganized and new heads of each division have been introduced to the committee (details at the office).
2. Dr. Suthep Wiyakrutta has been appointed as a new Chairman of Microbiology department.
From the Dean
1. FS will receive a major investment from “PTT Global chemicals” for setting up a research complex on Biotechnology at Salaya campus. FS plans to open a new Research Institute for Biotechnology together with a pilot plant under a total budget of ~500 MB. It is now waiting for permission for land use.
2. Due to a variety of “MU logo” currently used, MU is designing a new one (hopefully more beautiful) to be launched for use by next month. All the old ones will be cancelled.
3. Departments which plan to use the matching fund for renovation or fixing should submit a note to the FS by the end of this month. The FS will search for a contract design in November.
4. New salary for a new teaching staff is expected to be ~25,000 B (waiting for the approval from the MU council).
5. Eight staff and personnel have passed the consideration for changing from the civil servants into MU staff as requested.
6. November 2nd is Prof. Pornchai Matangkasombut’s birthday. A religious ceremony will be held.
7. A new rate for publication award will be in use in 2012.
From Deputy Dean for Administration and Finance
In co-ordination with the FS, each department should assign his own personnel to take care of the department during the flooding period.
From Deputy Dean for Quality Assurance
The evaluation team (14 persons) from สมศ. will visit FS on November 9th during 13.00-14.30 PM. Heads of departments as well as FS committee must be prepared and join the reception.
From Deputy Dean for Research and Graduate studies
1. Review articles, which can be searched from the internet, are also eligible for publication award.
2. Twenty five revised curriculums have been sent out to the Graduate Office. The permission from the Graduate Studies is required before the application process can be made.
3. The registration fees will be waived for students who received scholarships “ทุนเสริมสร้าง
4. According to the regulation of the Ministry of Education and of the MU, staff who will be allowed to be advisors for M.Sc. students must be MU permanent staff or appointed outside academic committee who receive Ph.D. degree or equivalent, or else be at least associate Professor with experiences beyond their thesis projects.
From Head of Stang Mongkolsuk Library
1. Up to now, BC ranks the first in publishing the articles this year (46 papers).
2. FS has a total of 256 published articles (since Jan-Sep 2011).
3. In 2012, new journal metrics, namely SNIP, will be introduced. This metrics can be searched from Scopus-Analytics.
From Assistant Dean for PR and Special Affairs
1. Assoc.Prof. Dr. Sarawut Jitrapakdee from BC department received 2011 TRF-CHE scopus publication award in Life science/ Agricultural sciences.
2. Assoc.Prof. Dr. Narattaphol Charoenphandhu from Department of Physiology received 2011 TRF-CHE-Scopus Researcher Award (Health Sciences).
3. The mean value of STT37th evaluation results is 4.05 (out of 5 grades).
From Foreign Affairs Division
1. Dr. Laran T Jensen’s working permit has been extended to September 30, 2013.