From the Dean
1. MU has announced the Mahidol University Prizes for this year. For MUSC, Dr. Sumalee from our department has won the prize for teaching and Dr. Narattapol from Department of Physiology has won the Prize for research.
PC remark: Congratulations ST – You really deserve it. We will celebrate this award and SJ’s BMB award together with new graduates in early July.
2. MU has issued a new protocol to facilitate requests for academic promotion. For a researcher who is a corresponding author of a research article, no need to mark your contribution for up to 50%.
PC remark: WN, would you elaborate on this regulation during the meeting?
3. All University staff (พนักงานมหาวิทยาลัย) will receive 5% raise as civil servants.
4. As part of a plan to upgrade graduate training programs, MU has invited 18 outsiders to advise the School of Graduate Studies about the training programs.
5. The Dean encourages MUSC researchers to publish papers in reputed journals of their fields. MUSC should aim primarily for quality of publications rather than quantity.
6. A group of MUSC alumni have requested permission from the faculty committee to build a new statue of Prof. Stang Mongkolsuk. They will take care of all expense. The faculty committee has granted the permission.
From Deputy Dean for Administration and Finance
1. A new bookshop has opened on Thursday 12 May. MUSC staff can get 10-15% discount if they apply for a membership during the promotion period.
2. A ramp for wheelchair was built in front of K-building (near the new bookshop).
From Deputy Dean for Quality Assurance
- The deputy dean is calling for a 6-month report. The report for BC has been submitted. Thanks to K. Ornchunipa and A. PM.
- Support staff are encouraged to submit คู่มือปฏิบัติงาน if they have made it.
From Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs
All departments are requested to submit their มอค-3.
PC remark: The Deputy Dean’s office sent a letter to our department asking for the documents for SCBC203, 204, and 206. Could ST and WN coordinate with them?
From Deputy Dean for Research
A grant from the National Research Council of Thailand for biomedical engineering is accepting applications. A copy of the grant details will be distributed.
From Assistant Dean for Applied Research
A form for requesting 40,000 baht for supporting CIF usage has been modified.
From Assistant Dean for PR and Special Affairs
1. The deadline for STT 37 abstract and full paper submission is on July 15, 2010. MUSC members are encouraged to help in selling exhibition booths.
2. The Endeavour Awards Scholarship Program from the Australian government is accepting applications. The deadline is June 30.