From the Dean and Deputy Dean for Graduate Studies
1) The Dean urged all graduate programs to make adjustment so that the training program is more efficient and allows students to graduate within a reasonable time-frame. We need to make sure that our training serves the job market – our graduate program should not only train students to work as instructors in universities but also in the industrial sector.
2) MU will take control over the income of School of Graduate Studies, so our future Graduate School related transactions may need to go through the University system. We do not yet know for sure if all regulations will remain the same.
3) As MUSC will not teach RA and BM (and may be PI) students after 5 years, the teaching load involving medical students will be reduced. The Faculty Admin and Academic Committee will make a final decision regarding job positions of staff at Pre-clinical departments.
4) The Deputy Dean asked all departments to help in selling exhibition booths to companies at STT 37. We will receive 10% of the proceeds as commission. The Faculty Admin also urged us to inform our students to register.
PC remark: JM, is it possible to ask Becthai to buy a booth through us?
From Deputy Dean for Administration and Finance
1. A new guideline for the evaluation committee selection process is available. Each staff may nominate one person. Two people who receive maximum nominations will be on the evaluation committee.
PC remark: Our department will carry out the nomination process on Tuesday 26 afternoon – Wednesday 27 morning. Votes will be counted during staff meeting on Wednesday 27.
2. The Deputy Dean pointed out that some support staff take sick leave too often. Head of the department should ask to see doctor certification if the leave is for more than one day.
PC remark: K. Kanikar, please make sure that we follow this guideline.
From Deputy Dean for Quality Assurance
1. This year, MUSC will be evaluated according to 3 systems: MUQD, TQA and Sor-Mor-Sor.
2. Each department must do SWOT analysis to assess strong and weak points. These data will be useful for MUSC to make a strategic plan for the next 5 years.
PC remark: A. PM and K Ornchunipa, please help with this. I will give you the relevant documents for this.
From the Deputy Dean (A. Prasit)
MUSC will host Mahidol International Conference on Chronic and Oncogenic infections 2012.
PC remarks: Many of us (MP,TS, RT and PC) are members of organizing committee. May I ask MP to update us at the staff meeting.
From Assistant Dean for Applied Research
The 10 Years Plan for Development of Biotechnology in Thailand is available
PC Remark: The document will be distributed.
From Assistant Dean for PR and Special Affairs
All departments are requested to submit a theme or topic for displaying or for coaching science teachers at MUSC Open house.
PC remark: KY, please ask the PR department if they need any information from us.
From Head of Stang Mongkolsuk Library and Information Division
MUSC has published 92 research articles this year.
From the Faculty Senate
The deadline for nominating exemplary lecturers is on May 6.