From the Dean and Deputy Dean for Graduate Studies
1) The deputy dean provided an update on the current situation regarding the graduate training program. She said that we have a large number of graduate training programs, but during the past few years, many programs have not attracted a reasonable number of applicants. Time-to-graduation for MUSC is also quite long. (Details of this presentation will be distributed.)
2) The dean suggested that we should make our training programs more efficient by reducing redundant coursework, and allowing students to finish most of their coursework during the first semester or during the first year. All new graduate students will have to take 2 credits of English. We should aim to finish the M.Sc. training within 2 years.
PC remark: The summary document will be distributed and I will provide more detailed updates during the meeting.
3) MUSC will offer a second round of matching fund. The faculty encourages all departments to submit proposals for lab or common facility renovations, and is willing to support about 70% of the renovation cost.
PC remarks: May I ask RT and SJ to oversee the plan for facility renovations?
Deputy Dean for Administration and Finance
1. The deputy dean has reminded us that any documents to be submitted to MU office should be passed through Head of the department and the Dean.
2. The faculty has drafted a new guideline for the evaluation committee and process, which will be effective for August evaluation
Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs
- The deputy dean has reminded us to submit exam scores within the deadline.
- There will be several activities during this month : วทท เยาวชน, DPST summer camp
PC Remark: Our department will be engaged in several activities which will be detailed during the meeting.
From Head of Stang Mongkolsuk Library and Information Division
- Most of MUSC expertise pages are available for viewing at http://www.sc.mahidol.ac.th/Expertise.
- Instructions for installing VPN (Virtual Private Network) are available at http://stang.sc.mahidol.ac.th. This program allows MU members to access all intranet documents and on-line journals conveniently